A date for your diaries!
Event Managers’ Training Day: Wednesday 14 March, 2018
Mark your diaries for this fun day sharing best practice and learning the skills needed to manage an event during the Festival. Time: 9.30 for 10am – 2.30pm including lunch. Please register your place with email@example.com and I will forward more details
Wondering how else you can get involved in the Festival?
Here is an outline of all the ways you can help out. Ledbury Poetry Festival is a very friendly festival. John Burnside said of his visit to Ledbury
I feel that it is magical in Ledbury during the Festival. The whole town seems to be involved in all kinds of ways, from performing words and music, to making up marvellous, appreciative and informed audiences. For a while we all breathe poetry and music – it’s a bit like walking around for a few days in a paradise garden.”
We are very much of our community, and couldn’t do the Festival without that wonderful army of volunteers who make Ledbury a “paradise garden”. The volunteers are incredibly generous and hospitable, some of them taking poets into their own homes, and giving their time so freely.
All roles have an ambassador element: you are representing the Festival. Volunteers are invited to do as much or as little as they feel able.
If you are interested please get in touch with Phillippa firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandra email@example.com and we can talk you through roles. Download the Helpers’ Form 2018, and return to us.
- Intern Pack 2018. Deadline Friday 20 April, 2018
- provide B&B accommodation for poets and performers
- possible collection and drop off of performers from/to train station
- Accommodation form to complete and send in
- Serving tea/ coffee/ sandwiches in Festival’s hospitality room, and occasionally at events. This role can include food preparation (sandwiches), serving alcohol, and clearing and washing up.
- taking tickets at events, seating sponsors, seating the audience, being responsible for safety during performance
- provide water (either glasses or bottled) for performer(s)
Driving and Meeting at Stations
- a welcoming role collecting poets/performers from train stations and airports. Mileage is paid.
- must have insurance which covers you for taking passengers, and full drivers’ licence
Event Managing –
- the event manager is the point of liaison between the performer, the Festival and sponsors
- do all the organising and liaising with the performer in the run up to the Festival
- meet performer(s) in Hospitality before event and escort them to venue
- ensure the performer(s) are at performance, and sound checks before performance
- if you feel confident: introduce performer, thank sponsors, show fire exits, turn off mobile phones etc, or we can get someone else to do this part
- ensure performer runs to time, compile a running list for multiple performers
- liaise with sponsors about meeting the performer afterwards, publicity material etc
- at end of performance, thank audience, thank performer and present with Festival gift
- New Event Managers’ Guide will be released soon
- all year round admin tasks in Festival Office